Sunday, March 9, 2008

Journal#11

When I was in China, my English teacher told me that writing is the most difficult part in learning English. At that time, I did not agree my teacher, but now I realized it. A good paragragh or eassy should have a perfect structure, grammar and the vocabulary words. It is difficult to combine these points together. In this semester, I learned how to write an outline. Acturelly, I never wrote an outline before I wrote an eassy. Through the study of the compositon class, I realized writing an outline is very important. Not only is it easy to get some good ideas, but also saving the time. I also learned when writing something, I should write a topic sentence and in this topic sentence should have a controlling idea, attitude and feelings. And the teacher said that when we had timed writing, we did better than writing something no time limited, because in timed writing, we do not have enough time to think the sentence in our own language, and then translate into English. If we want to do better in writing, we must think in English. Through the study in the class, I have changed some wrong habits in writing. I think these changes have been proved in my paragraghs or eassies. I also believe that I can do better than before in the future.

No comments: